Need fast and effective methods to remove household stains? COIT’s spot removal guide gives you do-it-yourself pointers to get rid of dirt and stains on area rugs, drapes, upholstery and carpets.
Read these spot removal tips to help you get started:
- Before tackling any stain, test a portion of the carpet that isn’t highly visible.
- Whenever removing a stain, work from the outside, gradually moving toward the center.
- Avoid using bleach to remove stains whenever possible.
- The key to do-it-yourself spot removal is timing – the quicker you act, the better!
- For each type of stain you encounter, you can apply the recommended spot remover.
- After you repeat recommended steps, use a clean towel to blot the affected area.
It’s good to keep in mind that COIT’s Spot Center recommendations are simply suggestions to help you tackle unexpected stains in your home. We recommend calling your local COIT technician if you’re unsure about how to handle particular stains, as their expertise will come in handy. We can’t be held accountable for damage caused by the recommended steps in our spot removal guide, so please keep this in mind when attempting to perform stain removal yourself.
For additional information, please call our 24-hour helpline at 1-800-SPOT-HELP (1-800-776-8435).