Halloween Cleaning Tips How to Get Chocolate Out of Carpet
The childhood tradition of dumping all your Halloween candy on the carpet and sorting out your favorite candies endures. While your child is categorizing the Snickers and the Smarties, it is likely that sticky fingers will cause some stains. When there are chocolate smudges on the rug, don’t worry. You can usually get chocolate out of the carpet.
Before trying any of the stain fighting methods below, test out all products on an inconspicuous spot. Act fast; the longer the chocolate stain sits, the harder it will be to remove it.
How to Remove Halloween Chocolate Stains from the Carpet
- When the chocolate has dried, take a butter knife and scrape off as much as the chocolate stain as you can.
- After scraping as much chocolate residue as you can from the carpet, vacuum directly over the stain to remove any flakes that may remain.
- Using a paper towel or white clean cloth, use carpet stain remover to try and lift the chocolate stain.
- Blot the stain, do not rub.
- If remnants of the chocolate stain are still visible, mix ¼ teaspoon of white detergent and one cup lukewarm water.
- Begin blotting the carpet, working from the outer edge of the stain to the inner part. Doing so ensures you’re not spreading the chocolate stain further.
- Continue blotting, changing the towel as needed, until stain lifts.
Don’t let a chocolate stain ruin your Halloween run. Treated quickly, most chocolate stain will come out of carpet.